Monday, May 12, 2008

Moving Buddy...

We Did It!
We finally decided where we should move to...well, more like we took the offer that we had :)
This is our new home.....move over Hillary! That's right! We are moving to Washington D.C. I am excited, scared to death, nervous, anxious, scared to death, happy, sad and SCARED TO DEATH! We went to the temple on Friday, and when we left, I just knew. I have known ever since Devin got back from Washington state for his interview with Amazon. He didn't say hardly anything positive when I talked to him during his layover. I hung up the phone and although I was a bit disappointed (and did I mention scared to death), I knew that if it was the right thing to do, we would figure it all out and make it work. So that's what we are in the process of doing; figuring it all out. We are going to have to fly out there to find a place to live before we actually move, so we have been looking at flights, moving vans, moving pods, you name it, we have been looking into it. The good news is that Devin does have family and Maryland that have been helping us and even offered a place to stay while we are there looking for a place to live. He also has a brother in Connecticut so that will be fun. It will be a drive to see them, but they will be closer than before. All in all: Everything will be new. New place to live, new side of the USA, new baby boy , new job for Devin, and I will get to stay home for the first time in our married lives. I gave my notice at work today and even though my Doctor was upset, I felt like a whole new (scared to death) woman. Wish us luck!

10 comments:

ConnecticutUre's said...

Yipeee!!!! Brynn is so excited for you guys to move out here, she wants to walk to see you (hahaha!!) I told her that we would drive instead, but she really wants to walk, so we will see. I am so glad that you guys will be close it will be fun!!! Enjoy planning the move, yuck, and if you need any help let us know.

Jared and Davian said...

Congrats to you two! I hope everything works out well. When will you be moving? It sounds like an adventure but if you know it is right then things will work out!

meredith said...

seriously, Arizona is going to miss you guys sooo much...but it is so exciting for you guys...I will live vicariously through you..alright.

Shaila Lou said...

Congrats on the new job!! And on Devin graduating! How exciting and scary for sure. I was kinda hoping you'd end up here so I could see you more then every decade. Maybe we'll move over on the east coast someday. Good Luck with everything!!

Anna said...

Devin AND/OR Nicole for President.... yes!

Ashlee said...

Nicole,
I am so excited, and scared to death, for you and Devin! It will be such and adventure, and hey it has never been said that you have to like it or hate it, but now you have the chance to decide!! Did that make sense? Anywho, good luck with everything. Miss you tons. We move this weekend. I will email you pics.

Breanne said...

I am super jealous! We love the DC area. You will love it. It is sooo beautiful! When do you move? Tiff is going to miss you so much.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Good Luck to you to! Life has taken you to a whole new area... Good Luck, Good Luck, Good Luck!
Crystal

Ashlee said...

Adam wanted me to let you know that he thought your header was sweet!! I am sad that you are going to move so far away. Good thing you gave in and created this old blog. I am going to check it from time to time so keep updating it! I believe that it is lacking a photo of your belly!!

The Holmgrens said...

Hey Nicole,
Thanks for inviting me to look at your blog. It is way cute. I love the layout! You look great. I love getting your e-mail it was good to hear from you. Congrates on being pregnant, and moving. We have moved around quite a bit, and I love it. Justin was in Maryland for about 7 months, and he really liked it. My cousin is in D.C. also. I think you will love it. Devin totally doesn't look the same. I don't even think it is really him in that picture! Are you sure:) Keep in touch, and good luck with everything. This is long sorry. Natalie