Sunday, August 24, 2008

A week of Fun

This will be a long post, so I thought I would write first and then you can check out the photo's below. So here goes:
Not long before Devin and I moved to Maryland, my little brother got engaged. Due to some events going on in the bride and groom's lives, they decided to get married on August 19th. Well, according to when I was due I probably would not be able to make it to the wedding. It was hard to think about, but I knew I had to do what was best for me and the new baby. THEN fast forward- the baby comes 10 days early. My parents called not long after Jonas was born and asked Devin if he would care if I flew to Utah for a week to go to the wedding. He loves me SO much and told me to go-so I did! Jonas and I flew home with my mom on Friday the 15th. The best part was..NO ONE KNEW I WAS COMING HOME. My parents and my mom knew, and that was it. No sisters, no chad, no cousins, no one. We are brillant might I add. Surprising everyone was the best thing ever! When we got in to Utah on Friday night (after my car broke down on the freeway in rush hour traffic on our way to the airport-thank you again Jennie for coming to get us..you're still my hero) My Mom didn't answer her phone until we were just a few minutes from home. Then she went in the house and Jonas and I rang the doorbell at the front door. You should have seen my sister's faces when they opened the door and I was standing there with Jonas. Taryn was all teary-eyed, and Brook and Kaylee were way excited. Dad said he thought Jonas was getting fat (thanks Grandpa!). Then on Saturday, my new sister in law was going through the Salt Lake Temple. My Mom and I went down and imagine Chad's surprise when I was in the celestial room!! I didn't go through the session with them due to having a 3 week old baby and major anxiety about leaving him for too long...even though he was with my mom who is more than capable. I just changed my clothes and waited for everyone to finish with the session. I hid in a corner, and waited for my parents' signal. So mom told Chad that she brought him a wedding gift from Maryland, and then: THERE I WAS. I am not sure if I cried more or if Chad did, or if my Dad did. It was priceless. Chad never suspected a thing. It was worth it and I would do it all over again! It was such a fun week: the wedding, the fair, seeing all our friends and some of our family. DISCLAIMER: sorry to the family that we did not get to see, or did not even tell we were coming. I didn't have much time to do everything that we wanted, and our main goal was to spend as much time with Chad and Nat before they left. We are looking forward to going back to Utah in October to bless Jonas, and see more of our family and friends. All in all, it was one of the best trips home I have ever had. I missed Devin so much, and He really missed us, but it was such a great trip. Thanks Devin, for loving us enough and knowing how important it was for us to be there for Chad. Thanks Mom and Dad for getting us there. Thanks Mom and Ray for the car, and for loving Jonas like you do. And especially thanks to the best Aunts out there: Kaylee, Taryn, and Brooklyn for all of your help and for being so great with Jonas. We love you and miss you already!!!!

4 comments:

Lifes Great Adventures said...

How fun! I am so glad you got to go spend time with your family- what a cool experience! I wish I would have seen you at the fair.
Destiny

melanie said...

I quite like your blingy new background. So cute!

I'm glad you had a good time. I bet it was really fun to pull a fast one like that. Not too easy to pull off with an infant in tow. Good job!

Can't wait to see more cute photos of your sweet baby.

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you got to come home for the wedding. I have to admit I was crying a litle when I read that. Cute blog, I am in the process of creating mine I'll let you know when it is acceptable to look at. Love ya

Shaila Lou said...

I was over at Grammie's last week and she told me about this and it made me all teary eyed. Then reading it again did the same thing! I'm so glad you were able to be there. Such a blessing!! Nothing like a great surprise...it makes it even better!