Tuesday, October 20, 2009

..No Work~All Play..

We've been really busy playing, and playing, and playing. And getting ready for Halloween. Mr. Jonas has the cutest costume of all. More pictures of that to come...just have to wait for all the G & G's to get them first :)

A few weeks ago we went to visit Uncle Val & Aunt Alice. We had a big dinner and visited with lots of family that we never get to see. It was lots of fun and Jonas enjoyed being the center of attention. (And trying to break everything.)

Jonas found this little cupboard and spends about 50% of his day taking all the mugs and pitchers out. Then he kicks them all around the kitchen and runs off. It's a great game.

On Sunday we built a "fort" for Jonas. We thought he would love it, but it turns out he was mad that he couldn't stand up in it without hitting his head. We taught him to crawl through it. That was better. He had lots of fun.

Dad was coming to get him, but all he cared about was getting his mug-from the previously mentioned little cupboard.



EVERY day we wait for Dad. Today it was raining so we had to wait inside. Jonas got a little bored and figured out the mail slot. It was really funny when he could see me through it. I never could get a good picture though.

On this day, I told him Dad was on his way home. He gathered his blankets (he has two favorites-lucky me) and sat in front of the door. I guess I am a real bore during the day!

Whoa! Jonas had a fight with the "hair fairy" one night. I think she won the fight! I couldn't get his hair to lay down. It was crazy!


Finally we said goodbye to Elder Saadeh last week. He's been a missionary in our ward for almost 5 months. We enjoyed having him serve in our ward and we'll miss him. Jonas LOVES Elder Saadeh. He gives him "5" and even eats Elder Saadeh's food :) The hardest part about Devin serving with the Elders is saying goodbye! We really enjoy the time we get to spend with them. Good Luck!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Nicole! You and your little family are SO cute! Jonas is adorable. You and Devin are all grown up....it's so weird. I still think of you and Linds skipping class and watching Wings :)

Tranchell Family said...

Just wait till you have 2 kids and they both have 2 blankets (good times)! How sad to see Elder Saadeh leave, I bet it is really hard for you to send them home! We are counting down to turkey day!

Aleese and Scott said...

I love that he got frustrated in his blanket fort! He is such s cute little guy!!