Sunday, November 8, 2009

"It's Autumn Time, It's Autumn Time...

...The leaves are falling down."
My Merry Miss Teacher's Mom (that dates me...and are you lost yet?) wrote this primary song:

"It's Autumn-time, its Autumn-time, the leaves are falling down,
It's Autumn-time, its Autumn-time, it's all around the town.
It's Autumn-time, its Autumn-time, there's yellow, red and brown,
It's Autumn-time, its Autumn-time, bright colors can be found."

Since I knew that Sister Hatch's Mom wrote that song, it was always my favorite. I've been singing it to Jonas since it is definitely Autumn-time at our house. We've lost track at how many times we've raked leaves. The tree in the front yard is still full of leaves and most of them are still green. Guess we'll be raking a lot longer than we thought.

Last week was leaf removal on our street and they piled the leaves Sky High. Before they could suck them up-we took advantage and added to the pile...and then jumped in it. We even buried Devin.

Mr. Blue-Eyed wonder had a thing against the camera.

Here he is trying to escape the grasps of Dad.

He smiles, but WILL NOT make eye-contact.

Wow! That's a lot of leaves!

Barrick had the most fun picking up a small pile and then throwing them up in the air over Jonas' head. Jonas wasn't really all that sure about it. He tolerated it well enough, but was not enjoying it nearly as much as Barrick :)
We hope everyone is enjoying the leaves as much as we are!

5 comments:

Lifes Great Adventures said...

What a handsome little boy you have!

Lindsay said...

I love it! Leaves are fun to play in. You are pretty popular with the whole knowing the person that wrote that song....you rival the popularity of Jaris:)

Ashlee said...

Would you tell him to stop growing!! He is so super cute!! Are you going home for Christmas? We should get together.

Tasha said...

I wish we could enjoy the leaves! I am kind of sad that I'm missing out on the seasons! Looks like you had a great Halloween with that cute littel monster!

The Holmgrens said...

We don't have any leaves...but I think I would like some. It's true, Jonas is very cute!