Friday, January 7, 2011

{Utah Happenings}

Our first few days in UT are always crazy. Adjusting to time, seeing everyone again, and exploring our surroundings. My Dad had the whole first week off when we got there and it was HEAVEN! He watched Jonas so I could shower and nap. He put J in his car seat, carried him everywhere, got him out of his car seat, and took us where ever we wanted-including to lunch almost every day. It was my favorite part of our vacation. Spending time with Dad is rare-so we really took advantage of it! Thanks for all the fun Dad :)

We rode to Lehi to watch my little sister, Taryn play basketball on the Sophomore team. Since she is a Freshman, it was a pretty exciting event for her (and for us). She played VERY well and scored quite a few points-but I can't remember how many...sorry T.
This is a good picture! Rylee (our cousin) is the one on left facing us in red. Taryn is the other one in red facing us. It was a bonus to be able to watch them both in action :)

I missed T picking her spandex out of her....well....you know. But this does show her sweet shoes :)

She took her turn on the bench too.

Jonas was a great cheerleader. He looks drunk here...but he was just saying "Cheese" for the camera. He squints his eyes because the flash that comes next is so bright. Sooooo we get the cute "Cheese" smile...and the squinty eyes.

Brook was great fun for Jonas. She was willing to play anything with him and was his best bathing buddy ever. He LOVED bathing in the jet tub with bubbles.

Even though this car is for girls :) J loves it. It doesn't work, but Brookie pushed him around in it. She's always lots of fun!

Kaylee (Who stole my camera and took this picture-and still manages to get dates) is also great help with Jonas. She followed him around, made sure he didn't play in the toilet (again), and made plenty of treats for him. She also made sure he ate every piece of candy he found. Jonas learned to take the candy to Kaylee because she wouldn't tell him no!

THIS is how Taryn babysits. I asked her to watch Jonas while I showered. I came upstairs to find her asleep on the heat vent and Jonas in front of the TV waiting for someone to start his movie. Needless to say...she got fired :)

Taryn spent a lot of time resting on the heat vent. Since she gets up at 4:28 every day to get ready for basketball practice...I guess she deserves it.

Taryn decided to make these delicious cookies. Then she started asking questions like....what's soda? What if it says to put Soda and Powder in? Eventually I accused her of being a "Virgin" cookie maker. She threw us all for a loop when she yelled (and I quote)..."I am NOT a Virgin". Don't worry...we had a long talk about what did and did not qualify one as a "Virgin". She's got it all straight now.

This was the end results from Ms. Betty Crocker. Mile High Homemade Oreos. She enjoyed them. :) I love you Taryn :)

1 comment:

Kari Pierson said...

I still love the virgin story the most!