Monday, August 22, 2011

{Niagra}

We were all looking forward to Niagara Falls (or Viagra Falls to some members of the family that I will not name.) and it did not disappoint. We all loved it!! Even my Jonas was in heaven with all the water! Since I uploaded backwards (as usual) we'll start with Cave of the Winds....

Its a separate excursion from the usual Maid of the Mist. You ride an elevator down to an area off to the side of the falls. They have built a walkway/deck that actually goes really close to the falls. You get a poncho and some sweet sandals-then you proceed to get soaked!! It was so fun!
We left Alyvia with Grandma and Papa who didn't want to get wet...and we sure got wet!

Jonas after Cave of the Winds.
Devin held Jonas most of the time, so his shirt ended up really wet because Jonas pulled his poncho down. They went all the way to the top of the deck where you basically can't see from all the water splashing in your face.

Devin, Jonas and Taryn at the top. I couldn't even see them so I just had to point and shoot...and hope I got them somewhere in the frame...not bad!

Looking up from the bottom of the deck.


This was after Maid of the Mist.


Our rocking' sandals. We got to keep them so we have them for forever. I threatened to wear them a time or to just to see Taryn squirm. I would be way too uncool for her if I were caught wearing them.

Niagra
Jonas after Maid of the Mist.

Devin after Maid of the Mist.

Wet Kids.

Jonas loved the waterfalls. Actually he just loved the water in his face.

I tried to keep Lou out of the direct splash. She was happier that way!

More falls (taken through the plastic bag to protect our cameras)

Awesome. Can't see their faces :) Taryn and Brookie

All Aboard!!
Before we got soaked on Maid of the Mist.

This is the elevators from the observation deck down to board the boats.

The bridge that goes from the U.S. to Canada.

Maid of the Mist boarding (from above).

The falls from above!


This was by far one of our highlights of the trip. Everyone loved it...even the (Ahem) teenagers :) We really like Cave of the Winds too. I would do it all over again. It really was fascinating!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Two questions: Can you send me some of those sandals? Can I join your family?
Love you. Looks like you guys had a way fun family vacation!

The Burrough 7 said...

I love Niagara falls. It was one of the best trips I've ever been on. I love seeing your pictures from it! Looks like you guys had lots of fun.

miss you