Friday, July 3, 2009

...rAnDoM...

My loving sister, KaYlEe, let me know that she was sick of my blog and I needed to update. How nice of her. We have been pretty boring lately, but here are a few random things that have gone on. I was really saving all of my posting for when Kaylee brings the rest of the family to see us :)
We gave Jonas his very own cob of corn on Father's Day. He chewed on it for a bit, but it was not as much fun as his toys.

My friend, Aleese, told me about these Popsicles. They are slow melting and really tiny. Jonas L-O-V-E-S them! He would eat a whole box in one day if we'd let him. He usually eats two at a time! He bites them and then sucks on the pieces.

I am still in the process of making curtains for my kitchen. (And hanging them in every other room.) I should have never moved away from Tiff. If we lived closer, she would have these done-like YESTERDAY. I have to go get more towels to finish them. They aren't hard, but Jonas is very interested in the sewing machine and my patience got a little low.

Jonas got another haircut. I pray for the day that I can find someone who speaks English, fluently, to take Jonas and Devin to for haircuts. It's hard to see, but its not a very good haircut. Good thing that cute little face makes up for it!

Devin's back has been sore, and he has been icing it quite often. One night Jonas was laying on one of the ice packs after Devin was done, and he fell asleep on it. *Notice that he still has that blankie in his mouth. If I could add sound effects, you would be hearing a little sucking noise too.

This is a before shot of his haircut...wowie it was getting long. He loves to ride in the laundry basket when I take the clean clothes upstairs.


Jonas and I bought Devin a grill for his first Father's Day. It was a P-A-I-N to put together, and I did most of it by myself, but the hamburgers were totally worth it!

This is how I wrapped it. It also makes for a nice cover for out doors!

I had Devin read the instructions on one of the steps. *It said insert ignitor, but failed to tell me where...um, O.K. I guess he didn't want his picture taken of him reading the instructions.

So there you have it Kaylee. Nice and Boring. See, I told ya!

7 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

I love the curtains so far they look great!! Thanks again for everything you guys are doing!! It is so nice to know that things are being taken care of at home!!

Cara said...

Nic, you are so talented! When are we going to live by each other so you can teach me how to sew, etc. Love that lil' punkin'! He's growing way too fast! I would be totally elated if you made your way to Utah for Eddy's wedding, but no pressure! Funny thing, I bought Ryan a grill for his first Father's Day but I made him put it together himself. Love, love, love you and MISS you much!

Tasha said...

Love the way your curtains look so far! I love hamburgers on the grill that makes me wnat one, oh but our grill was ruined in the tornado. So, I'll have to wait! Well, I still haven't made it to Bahama Bucks yet. Me & the girls set out to go there one day & my GPS took me to the wrong place. We now know where it is & want to try it so I'll let you know how it is!

Kaylee said...

Nicole, I think you do a pretty good job keeping your blog updated. Better than most. Jonas is such a cutie pie. I can't believe he is almost a year.
Something I have used for curtains in my house is either a fabric table cloth or a fabric napkin. It works great and there is no sewing required.

Ashlee said...

Nicole,
Everything looks so fun and awesome! I love the curtains!! I have way too many of those unfinished projects! JOnas is so cute! Tell Devin Hi. Call me next time you are here, if you have time!

Jeff~Josee~Macie~Emry said...

You guys are always having so much fun!! Love it! I wish we could come on a vacation out that way & we could say we know somebody to visit & show us around!! Hhhhmmmm...I'll have to remember that!;)
Jonas is so adorable, he has the most gorgeous eyes, he's gonna be a heart-breaker!! Maybe he could marry one of my girls!! hehe! We'll have to see about that.
It's so much fun to peek in on you guys every now & again!

melanie said...

So funny about the haircut. My brother lives in Seattle and he says the same thing. He's tired of getting a bad haircut all while being told he's going bald in very broken English. Cracks me up every time he tells me about it.

Jonas is a doll. Those eyes!!!!