Wednesday, January 27, 2010

HaPPY BiRTHDaY!



  • He loves me and he loves Jonas. Let's be honest-sometimes that can be hard!
  • He works hard. He's always been a hard worker and made sure I had what I thought I needed and wanted. He works hard at everything he is asked to do...except cleaning the bathrooms. He hates that :)
  • He is EXTREMELY patient. Since I am not, this works out well for our family.
  • He's a great Dad. No one can wrestle, chase, or tickle quite like him. (At least that's what Jonas tells me...I wouldn't know :))
  • He is Jonas' very Best Friend. Jonas loves me, I know that....but he ADORES Devin. It's pretty cute.
  • He is a strong conviction of the gospel, and is such a great example of the Savior. He reminds me (daily) that we all need to strive to be a little better and try a little harder.
There isn't a day goes by that I don't realize how lucky I am to have him and how thankful I am that he gave "us" a chance! He's a wonderful husband, father, brother, and friend. We love you so much Devin!!


Today is also Jonas' 18 month Birthday. I welcome it, yet I hate it. I hate that he is growing up so fast. I hate that his baby stages are over. I hate that before I know it he will be smarter than me and teaching me even more. I REALLY hate that he knows he is getting big. I do love that he is getting more and more fun. I love his jibber-jabber that has no meaning or reference, but is adorable. I love that he gets to go to Nursery this week :). I love that he is ours and that every night when I check on him I am reminded that he is mine. That I am a Mom and that dreams do come true!
HaPPY BiRTHDaY JoNaS!




9 comments:

Nat and Chad said...

FINALLY! Me and Chad have checked your blog everyday since you guys left Utah for updates! haha. we miss your face. and Devin's and Jonas'. :) Happy Birthday to both of them. We texted Dev EARLY this morning. HOpe he got it. :)

Carters said...

Sigh...oh you are so cute! And your boys are so cute too :) Happy birthday to Din! I miss you!

Lindsay said...

I'm gonna be honest that last little part got me a little teary eyed! You've got some great guys in you life, you are the CUTEST mom! Maybe Jonas will surprise you and become a momma's boy someday...you are pretty cool like that!

Tranchell Family said...

Happy Birthday DEBIN!!! He really is a great dad, and so fun my girlies just love him! Oh, and JO JO looks so big, can't believe that boy is in nursery now. Time flies!

Beth said...

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE picture of Jonas!!! He is ADORABLE!! :)

The Holmgrens said...

Tell Devin happy birthday. I really think Joans is just the cutest little thing. You take the cutest pictures of him!

Tasha said...

Happy Birthday Devin! I love all the cute pictures you take of Jonas! The tub on with all the bubbles is so CUTE! Yes I agree it is hard as they get older & also FUN! I love being a mom too & love the fact that I too know these cute little munchkins are all mine & Dave's! You are such a cute mom!

Kari Pierson said...

Happy late birthday Devin. (Sorry it's late, I'm terrible at keeping up with blogs lately.)

Ashlee said...

those boy eyes are going to kill the girls. good luck with that.