Saturday, February 6, 2010

SNoW!

It's being called "The Blizzard of 2010" By this time next week someone will be manufacturing sweatshirts that say, "I survived The Blizzard of 2010". We will be among those who did. It was quite a fight! Growing up in Utah exposed me to snow. It also exposed me to things like tractors (with a scraper to remove snow), or 4-Wheelers (complete with a winch for attaching a blade to the front). What I didn't learn in my youth, was how to shovel snow...I mean REALLY shovel snow. (thanks for that Dad and Grandpa..I took you for granted all those years) Consider my lesson learned today as we woke up to a foot and a half of snow! It kept coming until around 5:00 P.M. Our grand total is being broadcast as 30 inches. It felt like 300 :)

This was the first time we dug ourselves out. Around 6:30 on Friday night.

Also Friday, before it all began.

Jonas enjoyed being out with us for approximately seven minutes. Then he was done. Can't say I blame him. Look at the back of his sweatshirt (his High Brass Sweatshirt from Grandma and Grandpa Ray) the wind was blowing and filled his hoodie!

He was glad to be inside where it was warm. And apparently he was tired too!

Friday night. Pre MAJOR snow.


...SATURDAY...

Yep. That's our car buried under there!



Our fence! And this was BEFORE noon. So it got higher!

We literally had to dig ourselves out! We couldn't even open the door. The wind blew in some great big drifts. I will be days digging out my recycling bin. Good thing that's not until Thursday.
It was a sight to see. And now that we've seen it, I hope we don't see it again for a very long time.

9 comments:

Nat and Chad said...

That is so insane!!!! I honestly would die having that much snow. ick. We are almost all moved into our house! (kinda) It's pretty sweet. You'll have to come visit sometime! :) Miss you guys! DOn't get buried in the snow!

The Holmgrens said...

So exciting! I mean that you survived. If you hadn't it wouldn't be exciting. I think that would be kind a cool to experience.

Tranchell Family said...

Holy Cats that's a lot of snow!!!!! Good thing you went to Costco and got milk cause you never know how long you might be snowed in. Sure miss you.
Oh by the way why didn't you tell me to write the date in the snow? Your so crafty!

Lindsay said...

Holy smokes! Almost all of our snow is melted, so it's hard to imagine all of that. It is a real back breaker that stinking snow.

Cara said...

Come to Cali where it's warmer and visit me! Seriously, it looks like you and Jonas need to thaw out. Why do they put their windshield wipers up at night? To keep them from being buried by the snow? These are the sorts of questions that keep me up at night! I love that baby! I want to sniff his ears and kiss his rosy cheeks! I LOVE YOU!

Nat and Chad said...

weak... back in 06 i used to walk the streets of AK, -100 and 50 feet of snow, you had to wear snowshoes just to keep from dying... blog about some real shiz...hmph, city slickers ;)

Ashlee said...

so glad its you and not me!!!

Kaylee said...

Wow, what a snow storm. Thank heavens for food storage. I can't imagine what the stores would look like if it were a real emergency. Glad you survived!!!

Tasha said...

Wow that is quite the snow storm! My girls would have loved! The warm weather is nice, but boy do they miss the snow & me too! I love all the cute pictures you are always putting at the top of your blog of Jonas! He is seriously adorable!!