Monday, October 4, 2010

{Secrets}

I grew up in a family of secrets. Not always in a bad way. Almost always they were meant to make me happy, provided a nice surprise, and were fun, fun, fun. There were a few along the way that didn't work out quite as happy. Like the time we went to the Health Department when I was like 16. I was sure I was just along for the ride. Nope. I had to get shots. That wasn't a very nice secret!
Needless to say, I love secrets! I don't profess to be great at keeping them though. Not that I ALWAYS tell, but if something is really exciting..its hard for me to keep it in. I almost always tell Devin what I got him for Christmas/His Birthday/Our Anniversary/Etc. I get too excited-especially if I know he will be excited too. I also told my brother what he was getting for Christmas almost every year. It made my Mom so mad when she would find out that I had told him. (Sorry to both of you for that one.)
While I was in UT in June/July I found a secret. A BIG ONE. It was hard not to tell anyone. Frankly it was hard not to shout it from the rooftops. But I didn't. I held it in. I didn't tell anyone...until last week. It was TOTALLY worth the wait!

(The picture is easier to read if you click on it...sorry)



Don't you think? :)

12 comments:

Jamie said...

Congratulations! That is a fun secret!

The Mashy Family said...

Yeah for you!!! having one of each is just lovely. You can stop at two!!! Thanks for your comment on my blog. Sorry to hear about your struggles but it feels good to know you are never alone and other people you care about face the same challenges. Love ya girl!

Marion said...

Your Mom told me yesterday! And a girl! That is so exciting for you. You are going to have so much fun dressing and fussing over a girl. I'm so happy for you, Nic! Love you lots! oxoxox

melanie said...

Love that picture of Jonas! Congrats to you all. Clarify...anyone. Did Devin know? :)

Really so happy for all of you!

Andrea said...

So,so awesome! I can't believe you had that secret for that long! Aaron always wants to wait til we know the sex of the baby to tell everyone too. ( he's a secret lover as well:) We never make it. Stinks that that I start showing early :) Congrats again!!

the heath's said...

Congrats!! Thats exciting!

Ashlee said...

Ya i hate secrets and I'm not good at keeping them to myself. well en-less its ones that are personal then i can keep them to myself. I also hate being the one to be surprised.

Leisha said...

Rock on!! What a great suprise! She's going to be one cute little girl! Love ya Nicole!...Way cute background by the way...supper supper cute!

Tranchell Family said...

Yay, the news is out and I am so excited it's a girl!!! I am sure your family was thrilled to find out. I'm going crazy not seeing you and hope we can make a trip sometime soon! Congrats and miss ya.

JanaLee said...

YAY!!!! That is so great! A girl...what will you do? I am so happy and excited for you and I'm sure your Mom is about to bust!! Jonas looks so dang cute in that picture!! Take care of yourself!!! miss and love you!!!

Stefanie said...

Congratulations, Nic!! I didn't even know you were expecting. A girl... how fun for you! I hope you're feeling well!

The Burrough 7 said...

I'm soo excited for you guys! I loved that I was one of the people you did tell...even if it was on accident! And I didn't tell anyone! I'm excited that it's a girl! I could NOT be more happy for you guys!