I've said before that I don't really love the newborn stage. I don't hate it, but its hard-for everyone. The baby is confused, the family is in an uproar from the new baby, and the Mom (who sets the mood for everyone..right?). That's not so say I am not in love with my kids...or that I want them to hurry and grow up and leave my alone. Not at all. I tell Jonas all the time that he can live with me for forever and he doesn't have to go on a mission. (I realize I am in for a rude awakening with this one.) I love my kids. They truly are miracles, precious gifts, and they bring Devin and I so much joy. Its funny how different their personalities are. Jonas is quite content to be alone, doesn't really want/need attention, and is generally happy to do his own thing. This is partly to blame on his Autism, but its also just his nature. He's happy with just playing alone. Alyvia is SOCIAL. She's already showing us that she would prefer someone to be by her all the time. She likes it best when we talk to her, and cries if she can hear people and doesn't think we are paying attention. Its ever more evident to me that boys and girls are very different to raise :)

Alyvia started smiling a few weeks ago...but it is HARD WORK to get her to give you a really good smile. She has to be full, dry, and not sleepy. That's the only way she will give you that cute little gummy smile. We love it though, so we comply to her stipulations.

Like I said, as long as you are talking to her, she is a happy girl!

I like the half smile too. I feel like she takes pitty on me for making myself look like an idiot to get her to smile.
We enjoyed conference this weekend. I think we can all agree that the messages were perfect for each of us. There was something said in every talk that I needed to hear. I am so thankful for General Authorities who follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost, and for a loving Heavenly Father who knows what each of us needs.
Devin got the tent out of the attic and set it up for Jonas. He loves tents. He asks for a tent every night when we put him to bed. (His idea of a tent is his Buzz Lightyear blanket draped over the top of his crib.) Jonas was a great helper.

We watched the last session of conference together in the tent. It was so much fun!

Devin setting up the tent was the icing on Jonas' little cake. He gave Dad knuckles several times to tell him what a great BFF Dad is.

Devin left his phone on the couch one night. It has a touch screen. Jonas uses it for a mirror. I guess he thought he was pretty cute because he laughed and laughed at Devin's phone. I love how he holds it so close to his face.

Here he is saying cheese. It still looks like he is in pain when he says it. We're working on that

Ms. Alyvia went to the Dr. this last week. She weighed in at 9 lbs 9 ozs. She's growing nicely and is in the 50% for everything. Great news for a once preemie. I love this little half smile she gave me.

She was scheduled for shots this visit. I decided to do a "relaxed vaccination schedule" with her. I know there is so much research proving that Autism is not caused by giving kids vaccinations, but I am still just a little paranoid. Our pediatrician was on board with us spreading them out a bit more. She's wonderful.

We're still enjoying having this little one in our home. Its fun to watch them learn and grow. I like that I kind of know what to expect now that I have done this before and I am a lot more relaxed about things. I try to enjoy things more-even the late nights, blow out diapers, and the smell of spit up. Its truly an honor to get to have these little spirits in our home...even when they are hard work.
5 comments:
She's growing like a little weed and is so cute I can't stand it!! And why is Jonas growing? You're supposed to keep him the same as the last time I saw him. You are such a wonderful Mom and they are truly blessed to have you as theirs. I love you, Jorge (he, he)!!
Geez Louise! Miss Alyvia is getting big already! She is SOOO cute. I can't wait to meet her in real life! So glad you guys can make me cute neices and nephews! (ok...not plural yet but you know what I mean!) Question...how'd you change your font? Was it easy? I did it once upon a time but it took to much effort so I stopped. You blog is SUPER CUTE! Give Jonas and Alyvia a big fat kiss for me! Love you!
I love the smiling pictures! The tent idea for conference sounds so much fun!
So sweet! Your kids are darling! newborns are a lot of work. But...so much fun! :) Hope you guys are doing well.
Congrats on your little girl! She is a doll. Looks like you guys had fun watching conference in the tent.
Post a Comment