Palmyra, NY to Niagara Falls to Kirtland, OH to Sandusky, OH to West Virginia and back to Maryland. (With a lot of stops in between) Plus for days of DC!
After 1100 miles, 1200+ pictures, laughter, tears, fighting, one scary hotel, one lost blanket, and a lot of time together....our vacation with my family is over. It was glorious. Despite the heat, the sleepless nights, the strep throat, and the tired legs...we had a blast. Thanks for coming, for planning, for sponsoring, and for loving us...we love you right back!!
(Of course I uploaded the pictures in reverse order...oh well)
Taryn dove through the back window (which was down) to get into the car. Hilarious? Absolutely.
Jonas and Devin throwing rocks off the Wharf at Mt. Vernon.
The first tomb that Washington was buried in. He was moved later to a bigger, nicer tomb. I have a picture...but didn't locate it in the 1100+.
The DC Duck tours. One of the most fun ways to see DC! Our Captain (Wayne) was awesome. It was hotter than HOTT...but so much fun!!
Brook LOVED the few minutes she got to ride on Devin's shoulders. Not sure what Taryn is looking at :)
All the kids in the Orangutan house.
Mom and Jonas at the Great Cats. (We saw the Lion cubs...so cute!! Again somewhere I have pictures)
This tree had fallen on the path to the Zoo (We rode Metro in). Don't worry though....Taryn and Kaylee lifted the stroller (WITH JONAS) right over it. Tough girls? Absolutely!!
On our way back from the "Grand Adventure" we stopped in Fredrick at this little covered bridge. Not exactly what I had in mind when we looked for one...but it was cute.
All the kids at Cooper's Rock look-out. I was scared of the snakes....I should have been scared of what Taryn and Kaylee were up to!
CEDAR POINT!! So much fun. I have about 100 pictures of Jonas on the roller coaster, the Bus, the swings, etc...I'll save them for another post. He L.O.V.E.D. it!!!
In Kirtland. Taryn helping Jonas jump through puddles. We missed a big rainstorm while we were on our temple tour.
We saw quite a few of these....fun! Brook really wanted to ride in one, but the place wasn't open on Mondays :(
Quail Hallow Resort. Very nice. Best Pool....except for Castaway Bay.
Peter Whitmer Farm
Small World! Taryn knew this Sister Missionary! She helped at Taryn's school last year. It was very nice to meet her.
Brook was a great helper the whole trip. She rode in the van with us off and on and was so good to help with the kids. She watched movies, read her horse magazines, and made friendship bracelets. She's a good traveling nanny. (All the girls were good helpers....thanks girls!!!)
The Palmyra Temple at night. I was shocked at how small it was. *another Small World story....Dad knew a missionary that worked at the temple. (We saw him outside just before he went it) He lives in Bear River City. He and his wife are on a mission at the temple. (Dad knows someone EVERY where we go...and if not...he makes a friend!)
Still to come....Niagara Falls!!!



2 comments:
What a fun family you have! So glad you had so much fun. Can't wait for you to be in Ohio visiting me!!!
Looks like so much fun! I'm playing catch up on my blog four kids makes it hard to find time to blog! I can't believe how big Alyvia is...so cute & of course Jonas is too!!!
Post a Comment