Monday, October 31, 2011

{They Came, They Saw, We Partied}

My Mom and Aunt Cara came for a visit this month. It was kind of a trip of a life-time. The three of us together. IT WAS EPIC. We had lots of fun and I am so glad they took time out of their busy lives, left their jobs, families, and dogs behind, and came to see us!!

On the Friday they got here I surprised my Mom (for her birthday) and just the girls went to the National Harbor to stay the night. It was fun to be just adults! We walked through the Atrium at the Gaylord (a big, nice hotel), walked through endless fun little shops, and had a great dinner at a Mexican Restaurant. Then we went to the "Peeps" store (the Easter candy), and had ice cream at Ben and Jerry's. It was FUN. Oh and we did manage to get a little lost on the way there. I was driving....I DO NOT know which way is east. Thanks for nothing, Delilah.

The PEEP store
Outside a Chinese place. We thought the horse was cool. It was cold and the wind was blowing.


Devin stayed home with the kids (because he's Super Dad) and then met us down-town on Saturday. We took Cara to see all the sights. I still love touring DC. No matter how many times we go...its always fun. Alyvia got a front seat to it all :)

Also the Martin Luther King, JR. monument was dedicated that day. Very cool. It was so crowded, but it was fun!

Then Devin left for a week for work. It was a little rough for me. I had extra hands to help (and help they did), but I really miss Devin when he's not here. I was pretty cranky. To everyone. SOOOO forgive me Cara, and Mom. I know I need more sleep than..well, everyone else in the world. Thanks for putting up with me :)


Upon Devin's return home we headed north to the Pumpkin Patch and Crabs!

The Crabs were excellent. Always a fun experience!

Jonas thought the trash bucket (for the crabs) would make a good hat!

Jonas petting the cow.

Grandma and Jonas finding just the right pumpkin.



On Saturday we took a trip to Lancaster, PA to see Amish Country. It was amazing! A big flea market, and lots of actual Amishers (?) working in their fields, etc. I really want to go back!

This one of the houses we saw. AMAZING!!

All in all it was a fun 10 days with them here. My Mom made rolls, cleaned the house, and taught Alyvia all about lip gloss. My Aunt Cara joined in on the lip gloss wagon, kept us laughing constantly, drove everywhere using her mad "California driver" skills, and nick-named Alyvia "The Emphysema Baby" (she does have a hoarse little voice.)

Thanks Again for coming you two!! Love you!

No comments: