Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bittersweet


Well, He did it! On Friday, Devin graduated from Thunderbird. It was such a great day. The actual graduation was long, but was so good and in a wierd way, uplifting. The CEO of Forbes' Magazine was the keynote speaker and he was so good. He talked a lot about how making goals and keeping them is essential in life. For those of you who didn't know, coming to Thunderbird was a goal/dream of Devin's from the very beginning of his undergrad at UVSC. While he was going to UVSC he always talked about T-Bird, and how great it would be to go there. Thunderbird is THE #1 International Business School in the World!!! So when Devin found out he had been accepted, we cried. I am not kidding he called me in tears and I was freaking out until he said, we are going to Thunderbird. We have love, love, loved Arizona. We have made great friends, learned even more about each other, and Devin has so enjoyed his time and Thunderbird. During the ceremony on Friday one of the speakers really stressed how much family and friends helped the graduates. Devin looked over at me, and we cried together again. This was literally a "Dream Come True" for us both. Now, for the job hunt. Devin was offered a position in Washington D.C. working for the Department of Labor. He is also flying to Washington (the state) on Monday for an interview with Amazon.com. So we will be moving, but we have yet to see where. We will be praying, and looking for answers as to what we should do. We are excited...and yet a little nervous. I am so proud of Devin and I look forward to going with him, wherever he will go!

6 comments:

ConnecticutUre's said...

Congratulations Devin and Nicole!!! I do not know of two better people who deserve all of what has happened for you and all that you have both worked so hard to achieve!!! Not that my opinion matters any on the subject of where to move, but I am all for the East coast!!!

Love, Loni

Missed seeing you guys, and Nicole, thanks for not giving me a guilt trip I appreciate it :)!!!

Ashlee said...

Congrats, Devin and Nicole. What a great accomplishment! Good luck on the job. I am a little bias to Washington State, I loved it up there. We lived quite a way south of Seattle so we didn't have as much rain (excpet winter months). I loved it up there. I hope you are feeling well. Miss you.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations to both of you! That is such a great accomplishment. That is a motivating story that it has always been a dream of Devins to graduate from Thunderbird and now he has. Congrats!

Breanne said...

Wow Congratulations!! We just got back from a week in DC and we loved it. We have talked about moving there ourselves, Clint could transfer within the firm again. We still have to stay here for about 2 years so we don't have to decide yet, we may end up staying here forever. But it is really boring, i would like to venture out again. We didn't realize how much we really loved AZ until we were gone. NOw we would go back there too in a heart beat. DC is so beautiful. Good luck where ever you go.

Anonymous said...

Congradulations friends! You are amazing people. So glad to call you friends. Good luck in your upcoming decisions. Take Care,
Crystal

meredith said...

congrats..That takes alot of dedication..good job guys. Nicole 86 days till baby..wooo hooo you look great.