Sunday, June 22, 2008

Our New Home

We Made It! It was a long trip, but we survived. It is so beautiful in Maryland...very, very green! We have a great ward and we made new friends already. Devin is looking forward to starting work tomorrow and I am going to see the Doctor. Our house is still in a mess, but it's coming together. I will post pictures of our new place when it is cute and all put together. So far so good...wish us luck!
Look how FAR we traveled to get to our new home! :)


But we finally made it! We were SO blessed! We made it in two and a half days. We didn't get swept away down the Mississippi River or get blown away in any tornados! The day after we drove accross the Mississippi, it flooded and all the roads were closed. We know how truly blessed we were to arrive here safely with NO set-backs! Here we go!!

A street named after our family! It didn't have any wild-life anywhere near it, so I think it was misplaced!
We didn't stay here, but I thought it was pretty exciting to know that we have a hotel named after our family. I was just telling my G & G Stevenson that they needed to do their geneology...I guess this is a start. (Springfield, Illinois)

Devin's New Office!


The Washington D.C. Temple (our stake temple now!)

7 comments:

Ashlee said...

looks like crazy fun!!

The Holmgrens said...

I'm glad you made it safely. It sounds like things are going good. You seem to be doing better then me when I moved! I got way depressed. So is Devin an OBGYN or something?

Breanne said...

Yeah you made it! I told you it was beautiful. I love it in Maryland. What stake/ward are you in?

Beth said...

That temple is GORGEOUS! And, look at all of that green... I'm totally unfamiliar with that color these days! ;) Enjoy your new adventure. I can't wait to see pictures of the baby... in 38 DAYS... WOW. You're almost there!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Nicole,
Hey!! Long time, eh?!! I am SUPER excited for you guys. A new move, a new baby - life is definitely exciting for you right now - enjoy every second! I love, love, love it in the area that you are in. I've been to DC a couple of times and always said I'd LOVE to live there. Lucky you!! I'm posting this on Preston's account, but would love for you to send me an invite on my email so we can keep checking in with you. It has been so fun catching up on all that's happening. Preston and I were so sad a couple of years ago when your Christmas card came back to us and we didn't know how to get in touch with you. Anyway, my email is
auntchandi@hotmail.com
Good luck getting settled in and we hope Devin's first week of work was GREAT!
~Chandi

Jamie said...

Hey! Great to see what you are up to! Yeah, that's a long move! I hope it is everything you hoped for. Good luck with the baby!
Jamie.

Ashlee said...

I miss you too....but where is your new posts??? Where is some of your house??? I will show you mine if you show me yours!!