Here He Is
After a rather long 48 hours, which I will not go into too many details about, our little boy has arrived! The story goes: On Wednesday at my regular check, my blood pressure was high. I went back to the office on Friday, another Dr. checked it and sent me to the hospital for more testing and blood work to make sure it wasn't preclampsia. So, I went to the hospital (all this while Devin is working in the city 45 minutes away with nothing but public transportation), and my Dr. was the doctor working and she decided to start me. Okay, at this point, I will admit...I was excited!! I was having a baby!! WRONG! After 12 hours of pittosin (I don't know how to spell any of this stuff, so please overlook that), I was only dilated to a four. A new doctor decided I should stop the "pit" and take a pill that would help me to progress faster. She said it was a four hour process. I took the pill around 6:00 A.M. Then at 4:00 P.M. she decided to start me back up on the pitossin again. At this point I was dilated to a seven. At least she promised me that I would have him here by 7:00 A.M. He arrived at 5:00 A.M. exactly. There was a lot of drama in between all that (epidurals that didn't work, I.V.'s that had to be started again, heartburn and a lot of throwing up-throwing up nothing because I hadn't had anything to eat since Friday morning at 6:00 A.M.-did I mention drama?) he came. Honestly the actual labor was not as bad as I thought, it was just the getting there. But when they placed him on my chest and I saw him for the first time, it all disappeared. Heavenly Father is a very tender loving person to have given us the power to instantly bond and love something SO much. We love, love, love him and he was worth ALL the waiting! Enjoy our pictures! Now we have something fun to blog about!!



11 comments:
He is BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats you guys! Good job Nicole! Give that baby a big kiss and hug from us! And give one to you too!!!!
oh my, congrats!!! I didn't expect to see that sweet little face when i looked at your blog...you are soooo lucky he is beautiful..and you and Devin look like naturals. Wish i could be there!
Yeah!!! Congratulations you guys, he's so beautiful. What a fun time of life.
Now the fun begins! He's darling! I'm way excited for you guy!
Yay! I am so happy! He's so cute! Congratulations!
He is so cute!! I can't wait to see him and hold him-hopefully before he's 3! I know you will be such great parents! He is one lucky little fella! I love you! Way to go, Sis!
I love the story and I'm so glad he's here. Healthy and happy! I know from Marion that his name is Jonas. Middle name, weight and height? Hang in there, only a couple more days until the grandma arrives and then you can truly take a nap!
I was thinking he might be here now! Congrats, he's adorable. Sounds like not a fun time getting him out, but it makes for a good story anyways. You and Devin look like you're tired and happy...oh the life of parenting. I love his hair...I wish I could get my hands on him, I LOVE newborns!
Congratulations guys!! I'm so excited for you. It makes me even MORE ready now. I saw your mom at the park on Sat and she gave me a small briefing. I'm glad he's here and that everything turned out well. Take care of yourselves!! I look forward to lots more pics!!
I'm so excited for you and Devin! He is so precious. Keep the pictures coming. What did you name him? I'm glad your doing well now.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!! We are SOOOOOOOO excited for you guys!!! I bet your just SO glad not to be pregnant anymore and to have him here safe and sound! I LOVE his name! We've liked that name too, but keep gettting girls!!! Enjoy each precious moment - they go by so fast!!! Congrats again! We're so happy for you!
~Chandi
Post a Comment