Monday, September 29, 2008

Play Group

Jonas and I joined the "ward play group" on an outing to the National Zoo. It was such a BIG zoo and there was a lot to see. According to the girls I went with, we didn't see even half of it! There were 9 adults and 11 kids on the day we went (yipes!). It was lots of fun. I know what you are thinking, isn't Jonas a little too young for things like that? Well, yes, he is. He surely didn't know we were at the zoo. As it turns out, I think the play group is for ME to get out!
This is a giant Panda..well..this is his back-side. He was hiding. My sister Brooklyn wants to see a giant Panda so bad, so I took the picture even though you can't see much of him.
Giant turtles. I love turtles. Once when I was driving around, right after we moved here, I saw one in the middle of the road. No one was with me, and Devin always teases me that I was seeing things. I know what I saw, a turtle. It wasn't quite this big though!
Here is the little man on the metro going to the zoo. He's getting used to riding the metro down town.

And Look who found their hands! He used to only suck on his hands when he was hungry, but now they are always in his mouth. He sounds like he is going to swallow them whole. It's pretty funny!

Look at those baby blues! We are still in shock that Jonas' eyes have stayed blue, but they have and we love them!

12 comments:

Jamie said...

Fun! At least you have a few pictures to show him when he's older--"I told you you went to the zoo!" Oh, and don't worry, I think Tyler's play group in the summer was for me, not him.

Tranchell Family said...

You are finally figuring out that play group is not for the kids but for us crazy moms, man I could have told you that a long time ago! Jonas is getting so big and I am so glad to see new pictures you need to update more often for aunt tiff!!!! He looks like Devin I think. I love that lats picture of him it is soooooo sweet! I miss you tons!

melanie said...

Even when Jonas is older, the play group will be for you. To keep your sanity, I promise! My kids love the zoo and remind me frequently that we didn't get to one this year. Oh well, next year right? Love the metro photo.

The Birds said...

He's really starting to get his own look. He sure is taking after his daddy! Super fun! Oh, and I think most, if not all, play groups are for moms, not kids!! Just enjoy yourself!!!
~Chandi

Ashlee said...

That little guy just gets cutter and cutter! I am not sure who he looks more like? I hope that his eyes stay that color they are beautiful!

Brianne said...

Oh Jonas looks so precious in the last picture. I love the blue eyes. Mason has blue eyes too and I absolutely love how they look in close up pictures.

It's nice to get out of the house when you're there all the time. I wish we had more to do around here. All we have are parks it seems and after awhile you want to do something else.

Stefanie said...

He is such a cutie! I love that last picture of him, his eye ARE pretty.

Shaila Lou said...

Oh my, I love those blue eyes!! I can't believe they are that blue already. I wouldn't know much though, we don't have blue eyed babies. Dang!! What a sweet handsome boy!!

Beth said...

He is getting SO BIG and he is SOOOO CUTE! Love those eyes and the little smirk on his face in the last picture. What a doll :)

Breanne said...

He is so cute. When Clint and I went to DC we spent almost the whole day one day walking around the zoo. It was so fun (and free!) It is a great zoo. I wish that the kids would have been with us for that part. I am glad that you are getting out and enjoying your play group. Our ward here doesn't have a play group and I wish they did. You need to go to Arlington Cemetary, it is one of my fav. places and the monuments at night when they are all lite up and no one is around. It is spectacular.

Anna said...

How did he get so big so fast?!! What a cutie!! Love that you ride the metro.... wow! You in a whole other universe!! :)

Anna said...

How did he get so big so fast?!! What a cutie!! Love that you ride the metro.... wow! You in a whole other universe!! :)