This year, our Christmas traditions will change. We have our first child, so that adds to the fun and excitement. We live far away from our family, so that means we get to travel home. My little sister Brooklyn has been counting the days until we get there, since we left in October. She loves her nephew!! (and Devin and Me..I think). I get to spend about 3 weeks in Utah, and I am looking forward to catching up with family and friends. Since we live on the East Coast, we get to see new things for the Holidays. This is the White House. I felt pretty special to be able to see this at Christmas time. It's really busy with the changes coming up and they are already getting the grounds ready for the inauguration taking place in January. We get to see the lights at "Washington Temple Square" (I made that name up-it makes me think I am not missing the lights in Salt Lake City :). We are going tonight with friends from the ward, and tomorrow night with some of Devin's non-member friends from work. (hmm..when will I pack...) It's fun to have new traditions. I hope we will get to do them again!

This is what Heaman looks like all bundled up. He hates the coat. Devin says it's the fur. I think its because he can hardly breath! Once he gets in his stroller and we start moving, he is very happy and content. He slept a lot of the time we were down-town. He's quite the little sight-seer.
The National Christmas Tree at the President's Park
On Friday, Jonas and I rode the metro down-town and met Devin after he got off work. We went to see The National Christmas Tree. It was huge, and there are 56 trees all decorated and lit-up around it. There is also a few little trains, a huge fire-pit, Santa's workshop (where Jonas got his first picture with Santa), and a stage for live performances. It was cool! I loved the big tree and you can see the White House from the park. That was my first time seeing the White House. Its so beautiful and especially at Christmas with the lights and the big tree and wreaths. It was cold, but fun!
Here we all are in front of the White House. It's that blurry lighted building in the background. I guess we were shivering too much and we didn't keep the camera steady! Isn't Jonas' face so funny. He was a trooper. Especially since he hates his big heavy coat and since his hat is in his eyes most of the time. He likes the lights and all the commotion though, so he was highly entertained. Devin took me to eat at California Pizza Kitchen (one of my favs) on the way home..no dishes!
10 comments:
aww, aren't you guys the cutest little family!! I love the new picture of Jonas with Santa...isn't he the best looking Santa EVER! I loved Kyla's pictures with him.
I am so envious that you got to go to DC and see the white house with lights. I am trying to talk Lee into going with me to see the temple with lights. Kyla has been sick so we aren't able to take her until after her next check up this week.
anyways, I love the new post. I hope you guys enjoy your time with your family for the holidays.
So cool, I would love to see all of that! I can't wait to see you all. WE miss you TONS!!!!! Good thing you have been in cold weather cause going from AZ to Ut. has been freezing! See you soon!
Looks like you had so much fun the other night and dinner out with Devan!! I am JEALOUS I want to go out! Also lights at the Temple were so fun. You guys are such great friends. We are going to miss you guys! Merry Christmas!
Looks like you guys are having fun making new traditions & enjoying the holidays. I'm so excited for you guys that you get to come home for a few weeks for the holidays. Travel safe! Merry Christmas!!
Jonas is so cute and getting so big. That looks so neat being able to experience new and different traditions. I bet you are so excited to be able to come home for that long. We should get together one of those days for lunch or something if you have any free time.
What great opportunities you guys have. What fun sight seeing! Have fun while you're back home. Have a wonderful Christmas!
Sounds like fun! I think an adventure like you guys are having would be wonderful, but I'm sure it's hard to be away from family. I'm glad you get to come home. I'd love to see you if you get some time!
Nicole, I miss you already! I hope you have fun in Utah, I miss that too :) That looks like the same Santa we saw at Lake Forest mall, I wonder if it is. What a cute picture. Merry Christmas!
So cool Nicole. You are going to love looking back on your years on the east coast. I would have loved adventures like that. Jonas is getting big and cute as ever.
Oh, I LOVE D.C.!!! I can't believe how big Jonas is getting! He is such a cutie!!!
Post a Comment