Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Doctor was a little annoyed that I was giving Jonas cereal in a bottle. Hello?! I just wanted more sleep, it had very little to do with his nutrition. Anyway, she suggested giving him cereal on a spoon and slowly (within three weeks :-o Yikes) introducing him to baby food. He has done really well with the spoon, except he attacks the spoon when I am not fast enough. (see above photo for proof!) The sleeping thing...I was kidding myself, he still gets up to eat twice!
This was the monkey after Thanksgiving dinner. He was tired and worn out. We had a great day. This was our first Thanksgiving without any family, and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I would have loved to have been with family, but we have such great friends in our ward, that it felt like family. We totally invited ourselves to their house, and they were gracious enough to let us come. Thanks to Scott, Aleese, and Barrick for being great hosts (as usual) and such great examples and friends to us. Thanks for everyone else that came for great food, and even better company!
Jonas isn't much into toys because he has these two little hands in his mouth at ALL TIMES. It's cute yes, but we are both always wet!
My Grandma gave him this little shirt right after he was born (well, its a set of three shirts). Anyway, they are 9 months, but they are cute and tight on his chubby little belly. He is growing big, big, big!
Here are his FOUR month stats:
Weight: 16 lbs 6 oz (85%)
Height: 25 1/2 inches (97%)
Head: 17 1/4 inches (normal-that's what the Dr. said)


15 comments:

Leisha said...

Jonas is so cute! I believe Brianne did the same thing with Mayson...giving him cereal in a bottle. It worked good with him. I think he was even younger though...The 3rd picture down is so very cute of his eyes! He is such a cute baby! Love you guys!

Aleese and Scott said...

Nicole he is just the cutest little thing! I love all of the pictures! I am so glad you guys came over for Thanksgiving we had such a great night, now we just need to get you to move next door!

the heath's said...

Nicole he is so cute and so big. Who cares what the doctor says a lot of dr say to put cereal in the bottle.

Diana said...

I love the picture of Jonas wide eyed while Devin is sleeping. Too funny! sleep eventually does come back, I promise :)

Stefanie said...

I love the pictures, he is such a cute guy!! Emma will be 4 months on Sunday, I don't want to start on the cereal. That just means she's hitting another level of her little life and it makes me sad. They're not our tiny babies anymore, are they? It's sad but also fun at the same time. (Look for her stats on my blog sometime next week.)

Keep posting!!
Stef

Shaila Lou said...

He's such a sweetheart. I love the picture of him after Thanksgiving! He's styling in his little vest. The picture with his hands in his little month is precious. I love his eyes.

I've never given my babies cereal in the bottle. But I did start feeding Malcolm at 4 months. My other boys I've waited until 6 months, just because that's what my Dr told me to do. It's such a task too!

Jonah is less then 2lbs lighter then Winston, and 2 1/2 inches shorter. Winston's 10 months!! Makes me realize just how little he is. Poor guy...I hope he hits a growth spurt before he's in high school! Ha!

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie! It seems like the other day that you had him. Sleep would be a nice thing to do, but what's that- right?

Anna said...

Could Jonas get any cuter??? He is simply adorable!!!!

It looks like you guys are having fun out there! Getting your culture in too.... I love it out there!

Anna said...

Could Jonas get any cuter??? He is simply adorable!!!!

It looks like you guys are having fun out there! Getting your culture in too.... I love it out there!

Lindsay said...

He is so darn cute...and Jonas is also pretty adorable. Just kidding. He is so, so, so cute. I love that first picture he has such pretty eyes. I see a litle fire in his eyes...you better watch out. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Love ya girl!

melanie said...

I love his little, tight doggie shirt. He is getting so big and as cute as ever.

I'm so glad you had good friends to spend the holiday with. Sometimes, just as much fun as family.

I loathe rice cereal on a spoon. Or in a bottle for that matter. You're right, they don't sleep better (at least mine haven't) and it's messy! Love the sloppy mouth though.

Tasha said...

Jonas is so cute. Its crazy when you start giving them food. It seems it happens all to fast. Soon he'll be like my two year old & want to do everything himself!

Marion said...

They grow way too fast! Savor every minute...even that not so fun ones because one day....they're gone! The things that don't seem like big things one day really are! They're so precious! I love you!

Beth said...

CUUUUTE! He is getting so big! I LOVE the picture at the top of your blog. What a sweet little face! :) I hope you're all doing well and I hope you have a GREAT Christmas.

Ashlee said...

Oh my he is so dang cute!!