Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Life Changes
Devin and I hit some milestones this past few weeks. We did our taxes and we were able to get the child credit for the first year of our life. Not the best reason to love Jonas, but it helps. Our car officially hit 155,000 miles. Quite depressing actually, but she still runs like a charm. (Knock on wood.) We put in our application to move into a town home this summer. Our friends, the Swenson's are living their right now. It is in our ward and the best part is, Scott, Aleese, and Barrick are next door. I hope the neighbors are ready for some "wild" parties. I am very excited to have more room and for the first time in a while, STORAGE. My best friend. :) Jonas is sitting up on his own now (sniff, sniff). He is in LOVE with Handy Manny-like we are talking he becomes mesmerized by it! He also falls asleep in his bed at night (no more bouncer) and we are currently working on the naps in the bed during the day. I know, I know he is six months, but better late than never. It's just SOOOO hard to stay mad at that cute little face. And finally, Devin decided (with my help) that we would take our regional rotation this go round and we were assigned to Boston, MA. So for the next three months, we will be Boston residents. While I am excited for change of scenery, a larger part of me is a little nervous. It means a new ward (and we don't want to leave ours even if it is for three months) new faces and getting our of our comfort zones again. Oh well, it will only make us stronger. So if you don't here from me from March 1st to June 1st, it's because the good old government didn't get us internet at corporate housing. But, I will be okay with that, because they will pay for Devin to have his work clothes dry-cleaned. Happy Day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




12 comments:
What a great adventure. I've always been fascinated by Boston. I hope I can visit there someday!
You guys are going to love Boston! I would really like to live/work there someday! I would almost go as far as to say it is our favorite East Coast city, but Erin served her mission in DC-South so she may have a biased opinion towards DC. Anyhow, it is a great place and we really like it!
I am going to school about an hour north of Boston (in Concord, NH) so we should meet up for dinner or something sometime!
-Trent
The more I think about you leaving for 3 months, the sadder I get. Boston will be so fun, and at least I know you'll be coming back. I'm excited for those Wild Parties in your new neighborhood. We better be invited :)
Richard and I are going to Boston for Spring Break! Were leaving on Monday the 16th and coming back on Thursday the 19th. Richard just told me to type that we should meet you on Wednesday the 18th at the USS Constitution…Anyway, I don’t know if you guys have plans then but if your free let us know, or we might be waiting there for you all day…ha! My cell is 509-237-3709 and Richard’s is 509-398-1890. I would sure like to meet Jonas he is getting so big!
It looks like Jonas is going to be a city kid:) That sounds really cool and little scary, but what a great experience. And the fact that they pay for dry cleaning would seal the deal for me!
How exciting! I've never been east of Utah (so depressing to type) so this east coast living is really exotic to me, ha! I hope you have a good 3 months and thanks to having Jonas around, you know how fast they go by. In a blink. Crossing my fingers for the townhouse!
One word LUCKY! Maybe we should take a vacation out there and see you! We miss you all so much and hope you have a great time. Are you still coming for a visit this spring????? I hope!
Oh, you're going to LOVE Boston!!!! I did! Oh, and tell Devin happy late b-day!
~Chandi
Sounds like you guys have some exciting adventures coming up soon! Good luck with it all! I can't believe Jonas is already 6 months old. How did that happen!?! He looked so dang cute in his little tie!
I love that hat on Jonas, it is so cute. Wow, a three month vacation to Boston, how fun (unless you have to move your stuff.) The government pays for dry-cleaning (no wonder were in the hole:)
Hayley
That is the cutest video I've ever seen!! Jonas is darling and that laugh is hysterical! He must be so fun and isn't great just being a mom?! Keep him laughing cause one of these days it'll turn to whining!! Love ya!!! Jana
Change is always hard...but as you said it always makes us grow too! Hope all goes well & that you guys have a great time & experience in Boston!
Post a Comment