We had a fun Easter weekend. Busy, busy, busy...and fun, fun, fun! Jonas was a trooper with all the egg hunting we did. He didn't really understand what was going on, and was content with having one egg. While Devin and I were encouraging him to pick up more eggs, he thought we were crazy. He had one. That was enough for him. Too bad he won't keep that attitude!
We started out at our Ward Playgroup Easter Party. I'm not a very active goer of playgroup. Too much chaos for me. My sister, Kaylee, says I have OCD. I just like things calm...and clean. That's nearly impossible with 20 kids and most under 4 or 5. Jonas, however enjoyed it. He didn't play with the other kids much...but enjoyed running around the gym.
They had an egg hunt for the kids...where as I said....Jonas was content with one egg. I kept encouraging....and finally just put eggs in his basket for him. Here he is inspecting the goods.
The Easter Loot. It was more than enough. But he loved it all. The wagon with all the blocks is my new worst enemy. He just dumps it out...while watching my face for a reaction. He's too tricky for me.
..and then there is the slide. I'm over it already. This kid hasn't stopped. He loves it...adores it. Up, down, down, up...we've done it a million times in the last day. It was worth wrestling to get it in the car...only to have to drive with half of it sticking out the window. Yes, worth it.
We had a BBQ in the backyard in between sessions yesterday. It started out as a small group...but we ended up with a large group. It was so much fun. Crazy fun! Great food...and the kids were so good. Devin was a master chef griller...thanks babe. We owe ya.
After dinner the Stewart's hosted another egg hunt. Scotty lined the kids up according to age and let the little ones have a minute advantage. They loved it. Bellie told me 100 times it was her favorite part. What a sweetie.
Maybe this time Devin was a little more excited than Jonas. All the big kids shared with J and he ended up with quite the loot.
Going home. The boys at our house matchy matched yesterday. I kinda loved it.
More of the slide. He quite likes climbing up better than climbing down. Drives me crazy. Well...scares me is more like it. He fell once yesterday and I thought that would be the end of it. I was way off. He's still climbing like a mad man. Up and down.



3 comments:
I love father/son matchy outfits. I love the slide...I kinda wish I had one:)
He looks like a little boy now, stop feeding him real food and stick to the Oreo's! I can't stand that he is getting so big, we really need to get together.
He is just to darn cute! I love the slide by the way. It makes me want to get one...for myself that is.
Post a Comment