Our trip to Utah wasn't all fun and games. Mostly, but not all. Its hard to lose someone you love. No matter the age, the circumstance, or the person, its hard. Losing Grandpa Stevenson was no different. He is a great man. A Gentle Giant. My Hero. I loved him all my life, and I will love him forever more for all the things he taught me. For his shining example, and for the simplicity of a man he was.

Deweyville, UT – Charles “Bud” Stevenson passed away peacefully on June 29, 2010, in Ogden, Utah, surrounded by his family. Bud was born on Jan. 25, 1938, in Preston, Idaho, to Leland W. and Erma Sparrow Stevenson. He attended elementary school in Ogden, Utah and secondary school in Dayton, Idaho. Bud married JaNeal Schvaneveldt in Weston, Idaho, on April 2, 1954. They were later sealed in the Logan Temple in 1958. They lived in Dillon, MT, Linrose, ID, Honeyville, UT, and settled in Deweyville. Bud and JaNeal were blessed with three children: Christy (Dan) Thomas, Brad (Sue) Stevenson, and Sharon (Delbert) Spackman. They have 15 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren. Bud was a High Priest in the LDS church. He served in many callings including the bishopric, High Priest Group Leader, teacher, and home teacher. He was an example of service, always volunteering to help others in the church and community. Before retiring, Bud owned and operated a dairy farm in Deweyville. Before farming, he ran his own milk route. He loved the outdoors and could be found fishing almost daily. He also loved to hunt and rodeo in the RMRA. Bud is survived by his wife; children; grandchildren; brother, Duane (Holly) Stevenson and many brothers and sisters-in law. He was preceded in death by his parents and grandson, Trent. Funeral services will be held on Monday, July 5, 2010, at 12:00 p.m. at the Deweyville Church. There will be a viewing on Sunday, July 4, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Deweyville Church and Monday from 10:00 to 11:40 a.m. prior to the funeral. Interment in the Deweyville Cemetery.
Jonas and I were SOOO thankful that Devin was able to make it to the services with us. Its true that you need your other half. I am better when he is with me.
My Dad learned everything from his Dad, then he taught Chad and I everything we know. (mostly) We all lost a great man that day..but like my Dad said...we are all better for having know him.



6 comments:
Bud was amazing. I looked up to him--I think everyone did. And you are right, it is always hard to lose someone you love. I'm thinking of you, your family and especially your grandma!
Hey Nic,
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I agree, it's always so hard to lose someone you love.
Hope you are doing well.
Love ya,
Steph
I'm so sorry for your loss. He was such a great man. I also love your grammy to pieces. Love you!
So sorry for your loss! He was a great guy Spencer loved working for him when he was growing up! We wanted to come to the services but Spencer was on-call. So sorry for your loss.
Again...I am so sorry for the loss of your grandpa! It is always hard to lose loved ones no matter what! Hope you are doing well!
So hard to lose someone you love. We just had to do the same thing in Josh's family. But it looks like you have had some fun over the summer.
Post a Comment