Monday, August 16, 2010

{Nothing Much}

We've been pretty boring around here lately. The weather has been hot and sticky mixed with some serious Thunderstorms. I've been contemplating a move to a state with LESS severe weather threats.

Jonas and I went to the Butterfly gardens with our friends a few weeks back. I need to take him back to explore the area more. He wasn't so thrilled with the butterfly's. Well...he loved them..but he loved them too much. He wanted to pick them up and show them to me. The workers there about had heart failure. He means well :)

This is the best picture I could get of Jonas looking at the camera.

We made a trip to IKEA last weekend to get a few things to organize all the toys that Jonas is acquiring. (thanks for that G&G's) The next day while Devin was putting things together, Jonas was quite the handy helper. I think all the stuff he's learned from Handy Manny came together :) He was hilarious! He got right in Devin's face to make sure Dad was doing it right.


Devin is incredibly patient and its a good thing. Jonas WOULD NOT leave him alone!


I mentioned the storms. They've been horrific. Lots of people out of power. One instance of a tree into an apartment building. AND if you know me, you know that I spent most of my Thunderstorms in bed with my little brother. I hate thunder. I know. Its weird, but I hate it. I was outside one day doing yard work when the rain just started pouring. I was soaked in no time..so I got Jonas and we made the most of it. The rain storms in MD are warm...so its fun to play in the rain since you don't get cold. Jonas loved it. His fascination with water continues.


We spend lots of days in the pool trying to keep cool. Jonas especially loves making Dad put his head under the water. It cracks me up because poor Devin can barely catch his breath before Jonas is shoving his head down again.

This picture was taken just moments before Jonas finally figured out how to spray these guns. It scared him to death when it shot right in his face, but he didn't cry. Notice the bubbles in the pool? Also his favorite: Bub Bub's.

2 comments:

Beth said...

ha ha ha!! Classic picture of him at the butterfly gardens - especially after you mentioned he liked to pick up the butterflies and means well! HA HA HA. HILARIOUS!

Diana said...

Awww... I wish I was a fun Mom and played in the rain. I'm so boring, my poor kids are very sick of me. Bella asked what fun thing we were going to do today and the only thing I had on the docket was taking the car to pavy's. Yep real fun around here. I guess I did accompany you to the butterfly garden, that counts for something right?