Tuesday, October 12, 2010

{Catching Up}

We've been busy (again) having fun. We attended our niece/cousin-Brynn's baptism this weekend. It was lots of fun to see family, catch up, play, shop, eat good food, and enjoy their beautiful weather (with NO humidity..please go away in Maryland), and all the fall leaves that are changing.

On Saturday we took the kids to a real, functioning Apple Cider Mill. It was so neat to see how they make the cider, and they had a cute pumpkin "patch", homemade donuts, and again..lots of fall beauty!
Jonas tried to life this big guy three or four times :) He grunts when he tries to lift..its so funny!

I told him not to step on the pumpkins and to walk carefully. He got stuck and waited for some help with his face like this picture.

He finally figured out he could lift the little guy pumpkins. Then he carried them around like a ball and threw them on the ground when he was tired of them. Thankfully we didn't have to make any pumpkin pie. There were no broken pumpkins :)

The kids on the swing on the porch of the donut shop.


On Monday we road a steam train in Essex, CT. It was fun, and we loved seeing the Gillette Castle and all the fall colors.
Hard to tell, but I assure you..it was awesome!

Jonas was pretty good about NOT sticking his head out the window. I was shocked. I thought we would have to tie him in!

Mom and Jonas enjoying the train. (Jonas wishing Mom would not take pictures)

He got a little bored for a minute before we started moving. Dad got out Handy Manny on his phone and Jonas was set.

When are we leaving??

Somehow I did not manage to take one picture of Brynn on her special day. Rude, I know. We had lots of fun! Thanks for a great time and CONGRATS to Brynn! Jonas sure was sad to leave :(


1 comment:

Stefanie said...

You guys have so many fun adventures out there. I feel like I'm missing out!! :/