It turns out that having TWO kids has taken some getting used to it. I'd say we have improved, but we're not experts for sure. I also know that Heavenly Father is far wiser than we are. I could NOT handle multiples!!
A common scene at our house. Someone laying with Alyvia-and Jonas getting all up in our faces. He likes to be right where we are.
Jonas and Alyvia got a new ride. I have been coveting this stroller since I found out we were having another baby. We got a killer deal on a brand new one (thank you Craigslist!). Jonas seems to love it. I can't wait for Alyvia to be able to ride a bit more comfortably. She rides behind Jonas with the bassinet part laid flat. I'm sure she is comfy...but it makes me a bit nervous. Anyway--we hope to get a lot of miles out this stroller!!
Jonas is still his happy little self. He hasn't been upset by Alyvia being part of our family. He is patient when he needs to be (mostly), and he doesn't bother her either.
HOWEVER
He has been causing quite a bit of trouble. This lotion bottle was on the table today..and he got the lid off. Needless to say, we smelled baby clean all day at our house.
This picture is from Sunday. This incident was not as easily cleaned up. I left my make-up bag in the bathroom sink in my room. It was zipped up. Jonas was watching a "shhhhhow" as he calls it while I was in Alyvia's room pumping. (This feeling like a dairy cow is not my favorite) Jonas was a little quiet, so I called his name. He answered, so I figured he was ok. WRONG. He got my make-up bag, unzipped it and opened my foundation. Needless to say his clothes, my carpet, and my bed were now a shade of ivory. I laughed though because he had three or four streaks on his face. He knew what he was doing! I did manage to get it out of his clothes. The carpet is a different story. Glad we are renting!
Alyvia turned one month on Sunday. I can't believe it has been a month...but I also feel like I have been waking up in the night for like 6 months now. I think we are getting the hang of things, and bless this cute little one for only getting up every 4-4 1/2 hours. She knows Mama needs her sleep!
She looks so much like Jonas, and Devin. I swear she mine. Someone made a comment about her being the mailman's child-but our mailman has REALLY dark skin :) Guess she got something from me.



7 comments:
I have not been to your blog forever. I LOVE these pictures, they're so darling. What a cute little girl you've got and of course Jonas is as handsome as ever.
Congrats, again!!!
She is getting too big! And Jonas is so darn cute! How sweet is that little innocent face. Promise I will get you your gift before she turns 1! Love ya all
She is so cute and little J is stud with that spiky hair. Mataya wakes up every morning and says, "Show?" It's her fav thing.
Oh how cute! Your kids are beautiful. You and Devin are amazing parents. It was so great to visit with you. Let us know when your in town again, we owe you dinner :)
Congrats guys! She is beautiful! I didn't even know you were expecting! I'm so behind on blogs! Just got mine cought up becuase #4 is coming Wed for us so I can try to stay caught up after he comes! Glad all is going well for you guys!
I have not been on your blog for so long I guess time just got away form me. i can't believe your little sweet baby girl is here. Sorry to here that she came in a crazy way and 6 days in the NICU. Terrible. Glad that she is here and safe and that you are adjusting.
I remember those days...having small ones is BUSY to say the least. And it's a fleeting moment. It doesn't feel like it now but it will seem like tomorrow when you'll look back and wonder where yesterday went.
It looks like you're handling it well. What cute pictures. What a cute Jonas...and Alyvia is a doll.
Love you,
Mimi
Post a Comment