Tuesday, April 1, 2008

HELP!

Okay, last but not least tonight (because Jr. is kicking me and I think it's because he is tired). Devin and I REALLY need help with names. Be serious now. We tried looking through our family history and we weren't real thrilled with the options (no offense to our ancestors). So we are open for suggestions. The only stipulations are that no one can be offended if we don't like your name and don't change it. Also if we do pick a name that you like or suggest...no bragging. Happy Naming!!

15 comments:

Tranchell Family said...

I still think Grover Ure has a nice ring to it! (LOL) When we were trying to figure out some girl names because you were sure he was a girl you told me you liked Jonas for a boy, and I think that is the cutest name ever! I also like the name Gavin

Tranchell Family said...

Oh, and by the way I love the new blog and updates! So cute

Leisha said...

I have always loved the name Oliver...but Richard hates it. For family names Shaila took the good ones...For radom ones...Eli, Jacob, Tristan(I always think of Brad Pitt with that name)Myles,Zachary, William, Owen. Well that's all that I can think of right now. I know how hard that part can be. We didn't tell anyone what Emma's name was going to be until she was born. I like it that way, gives people some suprise. The best part to that is that no one can say anything bad about the name 'cause it's to late. Good Luck!!

Marion said...

I worked really hard with the last 3 grandson's names to be: Henry (after Pompa Fredrickson and old fashioned names are in!), or it could be Lyman (after your other great grandpa on the Chlarson side). Shaila's little boy, Malcolm, has a friend named Georgey that I think it really cute. Remember...old fashioned names are in! Happy naming! Love you lots!

Breanne said...

Nicole, This is Davian posting under Breanne's name! I will give you suggestions another time... But what I was wondering was if you would add me to your "invited readers"! It's j-d-johnson@hotmail.com. Thanks, Have to go! Davian

Anonymous said...

Nic-
I really like Jack, Jackson, Ian, Avery, PEYTON (oh yeah, go with our boy), Gage, Grayson, Kaleb, Lane, Max, Mateo....
ok, I'll leave you alone...I want a baby! WAAAHHH!!
Luv ya,
Candi

Anonymous said...

HAHA! Don't forget ESPN!

Shaila Lou said...

I'm so excited to be able to stay in touch this way. You and Devin are the cutest couple. This baby boy is going to be so dang cute. As for boy names, Matt and I have the hardest time with naming boys. We have several girl names picked out, and yet, we'll probably never have a girl. Since I named Quinn, Matt named this last one, so here are some of the names he was thinking of: Alekzander, Allister, Samuel, Parker and he always tries to tell me he likes Maynard...yuck! Here's my two cents: Preston, Will or William and Cole. Sorry, boy names are hard!! We always had names in mind, then named them once we saw them. Both Malcolm and Winston weren't named until the day after they were born!

Cara said...

Nicole,

Okay, Ryan and I don't agree on boy names but somehow I ended up with names I really like! Ryan has a little nephew named Jaren and I think that is a really cute name. It seems like people are out to name their kids something weird and unique. His name is unique but not weird. Remember, you're naming an adult not a baby. I have always loved the name Matthew but Ryan could never get on board with that one. I also really like Jayce, Bradley, and Harrison. Ryan says he thinks you should name him Ryan or Nikon for your and Devin's names put together. Leave it to a man to decide! I always said if I had a girl I would name her Caryn and put mine and Ryan's names together. That must be where he got that-idea stealer! Love you!

Ashlee said...

Nicole,

Yeah!! I am so excited to see your blog. How fun and exciting. Ultrasounds are so fun, I always feel like it makes it even more real to actually see them. Now names, I am not sure because I know you will want something original, but not way out there. I like Oliver, Jett, or something more traditional Henry (Hank), Ammon. Again, great blog. I am so excited about your blog. Tell Devin congrats on graduation. What an accomplishment.

Breanne said...

Do you have nothing more to say? It would be great to hear from you soon!! How are you feeling? Some pictures would be nice! Are you showing? Did any of those suggestions help your baby name delema? Just some suggestions :)

Jennifer said...

I really wish I had some name ideas. It took Jesse and I forever to agree on a boy name. I really like Jonas, not that I am helping any by throwing that name out. :) Cute blog! Girls night was fun! I look forward to our next girls night.

Jared and Davian said...

Nicole,

Gees, it is about time you added me as a reader to your wonderful blog:) I agree with Breanne and would like to see some pregnant picutres on here!

As far as names go, I disagree with probably 90% of the world's population of how to name a child! I think names should be unique - not uneducated sounding - but unique. I don't think first names should be traditional or biblical, save the family names for a middle name. The first name should be something special and unique that sets them apart from others. I am not a fan of names that are so popular that when in school or in public you say a name and 8 people turn around. If you decided on naming your baby Joseph, Brigham, Samuel, Daniel, Joshua, Isaac, Hyrum, Amos, Adam and Eve, or whatever, I'm sure he will be so cute and our opinions here won't matter at all to you! I do agree with someone else that posted about remembering that your child will be an adult longer than it will be a baby or child. Just please not Lester, that name is so creepy!! Just my opinion that is all! I did have a cute little patient recently named Nixon - I thought it was a really cute and pretty unique first name. Good luck!

ConnecticutUre's said...

Okay, there is the cutest little boy in our ward his name is Caleb, and he has a cute older brother named Joshua, so I like those. I also like Cooper, Anderson and James. I also thought that you could have your last name used as a middle name, it sounds really distinguished. But hey, it's yours and Devin's baby and we will love him no matter what!!

Anonymous said...

Nicole... so good to stay in touch with you through the blog... I am so excited for you and Devin. A little boy :)
I love the name Logan for a little boy.. but.. thats just me.
K friend good luck we wil be in touch!
Crystal