Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mission Impossible...

The nursery is finally complete. Not a moment too soon either. Devin and I were on the verge of killing each other. It turns out neither one of us like to decorate and we don't agree on what is straight or level. I like to just eyeball things while he had every leveling laser money can buy trying to get things right. All in all, we ended up making a great team. Our only dissapointment was how dark the changing table turned out to be. That's what I get for ordering on-line instead of going to the store. I decided I didn't care though. The baby surely won't care, and so we decided, neither do we. It turned out pretty cute for two people who gave up caring!



This is the before..notice his "Happy Face!"
Here is the crib. Who thinks that stain looks Awesome? (side-note...don't look too closely!)
It was those circle things that we were fighting with hanging. They aren't perfectly round and the hangers on the back are not centered, and Devin was using WAY too much math for me. Needless to say, they are up...now what should I hang on them?
The window. Which I had to make the white ends on the curtains because the little valance wasn't long enough. Thank goodness for my sewing classes from Tiff. These actually turned out pretty good and I got them right on the first try! (Amazing I know)


And here is the baby's rocking chair. He likes it already. If I sit in it and rock, he gets all crazy and starts moving. Our stroller is in the closet behind the rocking chair. It won't stay there of course, but I'm too lazy to take it down to the car just yet!
On that note, I went to the Dr. yesterday and although I am not dialted much (a very small one), my Blood pressure was pretty high. That made her a little worried, so I am going back tomorrow to check it again. If it is still high, she will schedule me to induce me. So maybe he really is coming out. I was starting to think I would just keep him in there forever. We will keep everyone updated!
Oh and I just noticed that there isn't even a picture of the changing table. Oh well...maybe another day










5 comments:

The Holmgrens said...

Your nursery is so very, very cute. How exciting. I way didn't decorate or anything with the kids, just put up a crib. I think it looks real fun to get all ready like that. I still can't get over how diffrent Devin looks to me. I don't think I would know who he was if I passed him on the street.

Tranchell Family said...

So dang cute, I want to see a picture of the changing table just when you get a min. Oh and what stroller did you finally decide on??? Looks like you are ready. An idea for the circle wall hangings I think you should get a print of his hands, one of his feet and a picture of him all framed and hung with ribbons from the hooks. Just an idea I will keep thinkin for you though

Kaylee said...

I love the farm bedding! Where did you get it? I know how frustrating it can be to decorate with your husband. I'm like you I like to just eyeball things and Jason has to measure everything out two or three times. You guys did a great job, the nursery looks GREAT!

Good luck with everything in the next few days, I will be excited to see pictures.

melanie said...

My nephew has that same baby bedding. I love it, it's adorable!

I heard yesterday at the reunion you were in the hospital. I'm assuming baby boy is here and I can't wait for an update. I love to hear all birth stories. I can't wait for your mom to get there either, so fun to have a baby to drool over.

Oh and for the record, Milo and I can't decorate together either! Good job getting the nursery done.

Jamie said...

Very, very cute bedding. Yeah, I didn't really decorate Tyler's room before he was born, so good work! You're a step ahead of me! It's very cute!