Jonas and I rode the metro downtown last Friday to have lunch with Devin. It was his last day in the Office of Apprenticeship, and I had never met his boss, so off we went! It was the MOST beautiful day, so after lunch Devin took us for a walk. We ended up at the Museum of Natural History. It was awesome. Devin went back to work, but Jonas and I stayed for another hour and saw so many things! I want to go back again sometime. Heaman got fussy at the end and there were a lot of things I didn't get to see that I wanted to. It was also free! The best part about D.C.!
This is the Hope Diamond. It is the largest Blue diamond and is 45 1/2 Carats! I think I will put it on my Christmas list! :)


This is the museum from the outside. They have several different rooms. Fossils, plants, ocean life, rocks, mammals, soil, gems....and some others I forgot!





1 comment:
It's nice when you live in a place large enough to do neat things for free.
When we lived in England and I wasn't able to drive I did a lot of walking and exploring. The kids and I would walk along the river a lot and fed the ducks and swans and we'd go to the cathedral because it was free. It was an amazing cathedral too!
Post a Comment