Friday, January 23, 2009

Paid Vacation


As it turns out, working for the government has a lot of benefits. My favorite is paid holidays. Now I know that it's not uncommon, but I am thankful we get to benefit from it. Devin had a long, long weekend with MLk day off Monday, and then Tuesday he was off for the inauguration. They did a lot of security out of his building, so he wasn't even allowed in. Nice. We decided to take a road trip to Connecticut to see Devin's brother. It was a blast! I loved the drive for a lot of reasons.. Jonas was a trooper and slept a lot of the time, there were minimal needs to stop (the last time we road tripped I was pregnant-now I know where ALL the good rest areas are!), and the best part of the trip....I saw New York. I know, I know...but I am from the West Coast! Utah in fact and I grew up in a farming town. New York was like a fantasy land for me. But it is indeed real, and I saw it. And I want to go back! That said, we had such a fun weekend with Destry, Loni and their cute girls. We can't wait to go back!

See how good he was?


While we were in CT, I went to a Christmas Tree Shoppe store for the first time. It's basically a glorified dollar store with nicer things, but mostly just random stuff. I bought each of the girls and Jonas a little kit to make their very own plates. It was easy! Clean the plate off; Draw; Clean the plate again! They turned out cute. Poor Jonas has a handicapped artist for a mom :(





See??? I saw New York and it's awesome!

 We got major snow in Connecticut. I thought we were back in Utah!

We went to a cool "I`spy" museum. Here are the boys enjoying a break.

Me and two of our three nieces we visited. They are such cute girls! Brynn is way to big for her britches and Keagyn has the cutest Boston accent ever!

Rise and Shine. What a beautiful sunrise!



This is a bit random, but Jonas likes this jumer-roo thing. He just hasn't figured out the jumper-roo part yet!

4 comments:

Kaylee said...

Jonas seems like such a good baby. He always has such a big smile. Thats need that you live so close to such amazing cities and that you can jump in the car and go for the day. I will probably never see New York, too afraid to fly.

Aleese and Scott said...

I am so glad you guys had fun! I LOVE the pictures of Jonas could he be any cuter!!

Nat and Chad said...

Jonas smiling in his car seat?? WOW! Its a miracle! Cute pics nic! We miss you lots and love you too! :)

Jamie said...

Way fun! It's great that you actually took advantage of the days off. I'm always bad like that--I think I'll do something fun when I'm off school, but then I don't. So good for you guys!