We made it! Thankfully we had good roads. The weather has been cold and crazy since our arrival. We got enough snow Sunday night (about 5 inches) to cancel Devin's first day at his new office. They were canceling schools on Sunday night in anticipation of bad roads. They are a little paranoid here. Things are turning out nicely for the most part. Our apartment is really nice, we have a pretty good view and other than one noisy dog, its pretty quiet. We live right in the middle of the city, and so there is a very busy night-life. We don't take advantage of that given that Jonas goes to bed around 8:00 and then we are stuck in our room for the night. Our car parking situation has turned into a mess. We haven't been able to park at Devin's work building as we were hoping, so our car is at Gary's (Devin's Boss) house. It's about thirty minutes away, so I have been confined to the house and the neighboring streets for three days. Jonas is still trying to get over his cold (and is VERY CRANKY), and it is really cold, so its been okay. Hopefully we will get it back in the city this weekend. I used the grocery delivery company, PeaPod for my first time. It was pretty nice to have them hand delivered to my door! I'm still learning though, because when they brought them, I didn't know how to ring the delivery guy in. I guess I am still a country girl at heart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Wow, that is definitely city life! I hope you guys enjoy it!
You are for sure right in the middle of the city! How exciting! I want my grocery's delivered to me! Poor little Jonas he has had that darn cold forever!!
What an adventure you guys get to have for a few months! How many people know how to ring in a delivery man. Not me! I hope you live it up for me too because you know nothing is going on in Moses. No big buildings of people working late and definitely no Dunkin Donuts, ha!
Can't wait to see what you explore while you're there!
YAY! I'm so glad you guys made it there safely, and also glad you are able to still blog. The view from your place is awesome, it would take some getting use to being in the city but I'm sure you guys will have fun.
I love the new photo of Jonas and sorry to hear he is still sick!
How fun to have such a cool view. I'm sure once it warms up you will have even more fun exploring the city. I hope Jonas feels better soon, poor little guy.
Wow, you guys are definitely US travelers, aren't you? I don't know if I could live in a building like that. I guess I could, I'd just have to stay away from the windows. I'm excited to hear more stories and live through your adventures... mine are pretty mellow!! ;)
Post a Comment