Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cape Cod

Last weekend we were in Cape Cod. It was a nice, quiet, relaxing weekend. We played on the beach, went to a BBQ with some friends, and stopped at Plymouth Rock on the way home. It was a good change from all the Chaos in NYC. It would be fun to go back when the weather was a little better though! The water was cold and due to the wind and rain, Jonas was not too excited about dipping his tootsies in it :) He did, however, love the sand and didn't even eat it-much to our surprise!
BBQ with friends. (I should mention that our host, Luiz, bought 42 lbs of meat-we ate A LOT!)
At Plymouth Rock Beach
Plymouth Rock. Lame. This was it. I was expecting something....BIGGER!!
The boys checking out the water. Jonas loved the waves. Devin would run away from them pretending that they were going to get wet and Jonas would laugh and laugh.
Jonas-not eating the sand :)

They were a Lobster, but Jonas' face was too cute, so we zoomed in a bit.
Not sure about the cold water
Not sure about having dirty hands....my child...I think so :)
Jonas and his Mom, whom lately he could care less about. Especially if Devin is anywhere near us! He YELLS Da-Da-Da-Da-Da until Devin picks him up. He will only come to me if I have food or am close to Devin. Oh yea, and see the fog rolling in? It was actually really pretty, except you couldn't see very far out into the ocean and it was a little cold.
We Love Cape Cod!

Next Stop: The shores of Maine (please pray for good weather-I can't take this "spring" anymore)

8 comments:

Lifes Great Adventures said...

Wow it looks like you guys have been busy having FUN! Jonas sure is growing up what a cutie he is! I like his hair and cute face in the picture with Devin & him. I hope to go to NYC some day. How was is riding in a cab with a baby? I was thinking about how we would do that if we took a taxi on our vacation, you'll have to let me know? Take care.

Kari Pierson said...

That is so cool you guys get to see so many places while you're there. I've always wanted to do that...Oh, and I can relate to the wanting Dad thing. Ryan and Katelyn still would rather be with Wes than me!!! Sometimes that can be an advantage- especially when someone needs a drink at midnight!!

the heath's said...

Looks like you guys are having tons of fun!! I am jealous!! Jonas is adorable!!

The Burrough 7 said...

wow. traveling again! LUCKY LUCKY!
good luck with the weather thing. heard it's been pretty cold in MD lately..
-we bought a house-!! go read!

Aleese and Scott said...

I just want to squeeze Jonas's little cheeks he is such a cute little guy! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

By the way they have had workers over working on your place all week!! Now we just need you guys to move in!

Beth said...

He is soooooooooo cute!! What a sweet little face he has and he is growing like a weed!!! :) Glad you are having so much fun and going to so many cool places.. LUCKY girl :)

The Holmgrens said...

Oh my heck Nicole, Jonas is getting to be such a little hunk!!! He is so cute! I'm jealous of all the traveling you get to do. I miss living away. There isn't much to go see here that we haven't already seen.

Diana said...

Nicole, you look gorgeous in that picture holding Jonas. I think you guys are having way too much fun. Stop! You won't want to come back if you have too much fun :) I felt the same way about plymouth rock. I always pictured more of a cliff.