Friday, May 15, 2009

sUnDaY & TiMeS sQaUrE

Sunday was a BEAUTIFUL day! We decided to make the most of it and ride the Staten Island Ferry. It takes you past Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, and its free! We wanted to go to the Statue of Liberty, but they aren't re-opening the top until the 4th of July and then they will only be allowing 10 people at a time to go up. It was fun to ride a ferry again. I haven't done that since my family went to Seattle/Canada in 1993!! It was almost 16 years ago (right Kaylee:)
Devin and Jonas (and a woman's backside) in front of the entrance on the Manhattan side.
Guess who fell asleep? It was SUPER windy. I didn't post the picture with my hair flying all over to prove it, but I should have!

Here She is! It was exciting to see her. She wasn't as big as I expected (then again I was zooming past her on a ferry), but it was fun! I took so many pictures, you'd think I'd never seen it before :)
Sadly, you can't read his sign, but it was hilarious. It said: "Jennifer Aniston won't go out with me because I don't have enough money. Please Help." or something like that. It was a good one. We saw a lot of creative homeless signs while we were there!
This is the sight where the World Trade Centers once stood. It was surrounded by tall construction fences so you couldn't see anything. There is a visitors center, but it was really busy so we didn't go in (that, and we're cheap). There is such a heavy, sad feeling in the area. It was a major eye opener for me to actually see the sight. The pilots knew what they were doing. The WTC were surrounded by several buildings in the area, and yet they hit them just right. It was sad to see it, but a great reminder of all the heroes that emerged that day. There is an NYFD right across from this picture and there were lines of people getting pictures taken with just a few of the heroes from that day.

It goes with out saying that Times Square is totally awesome. I loved all the excitement and seeing the things I have seen on TV forever in real life. Jonas loved the lights and was mesmerized by them.
The giant Toys R Us
I took this for Mom and Kaylee. Wicked, and Sbarro's Pizza :)
This was our Hotel! Right in the middle of Times Square. It was a really nice place! The elevators went SOO fast that my ears would pop as we went up or down.
Another shot (I took like 1000)
Blurry, but you get the idea

No comments: