This was our last day in the big city. Devin had to finish up a few things at work, so again Heaman and I were on our own. We asked for a late check-out at the hotel, but Jonas was so used to being out and about that by 11:00 I couldn't take his crying anymore. If I even walked by the door and we didn't go out, he would scream. So we checked out, left our bags at the hotel, and headed for the last few things we wanted to see. We started with M&M world, and guess who fell asleep? So I saw it on my own while Jonas slept in the stroller. It was cool, nothing fancy. Just like Vegas, but in New York.
Then we walked to Central Park to see if we could find the Carousel. Our map wasn't very detailed (and I can't read a map to save my life), so we got lost a few times. Devin was able to leave work a little early, so we waited for him to ride with Jonas. The carousel is really old, but really cute. It was only $2 to ride it. As you can see, they had a great time.
Then we ate, picked up our bags, and headed for the Airport. It was a good thing we left as early as we did too because the traffic was really bad and it took us over an hour to get to the airport. Riding in a New York Taxi is crazy enough. Add traffic to that- I was pretty sick by the time we made it to the airport. Jonas fell asleep and slept the whole way..thankfully! Here he is saying that he will be one soon! :) Actually he was trying to touch the camera..but I thought it was funny!This is how Jonas spent our 45 minute (so nice) flight home. There were about 20 people on the plane, we had the entire back of the plane to ourselves and our own flight attendant who was in love with Jonas and took very good care of us. Other than the fact that we flew over the ocean for quite a while before we landed, it was a great flight!
New York was so much fun, and I can't wait to go back. I would love to see a Broadway show, or just wander around again like we did this time!
Next Stop: Cape Cod
1 comment:
Oh my, you have been a busy one! I have been thinkin about you the last week and was going to call but I'm glad I didn't cause you were having a fun vacation! What a cool experience for you. I can't wait to do some sight seeing when we get to Ohio. I am planning my trip to come and see you so I hope you are up for some visitors sometime after we get settled. Love ya and miss ya!
Post a Comment