Friday, May 15, 2009

MoNdAy

On Monday We went to the Central Park Zoo. It was a little pricey, and very small (I know its inside of a park, but it was still small), but overall it was fun. They have potential to have some cool animals, but they didn't have all of the exhibits open. I was able to spot a RED Panda that no one else could see. Thanks Dad for teaching me how to spot things :) I took a picture, but he was hiding in a tree, so all you can see is the color of him, not much of his face.
The Polar Bears were very active while we were there. They were swimming around, playing with their toys and being very entertaining. It was fun to watch them!
These little turtles were everywhere in this pond. What they were lacking in animals, made up for in turtles (if you like them anyway).
They had REALLY neat looking birds in the Rain Forest section. I was busy trying to take a bunch of pictures and then....
This happened. One of the birds flew right over my head. I screamed, everyone laughed, and this is the result of the picture. It was funny, but I was disappointed that I didn't get a better picture of this bird. It was beautiful. It flew away after "the incident".
Jonas slept for the first part of the Zoo and woke up REALLY cranky. (did I mention he cut a top tooth while we were there...why does he always have to do it while we are on vacation?) I tried everything I could think of to try and make him happy, but he wasn't having any of it. I walked by this little path with the Lilly pads that went to the other side and decided to see if he would like them. He threw a major fit when I sat him down until he noticed the water. Then it was all I could do to keep him for falling over to reach it. There was a big sign that said, "Please don't play in the water, our Ducks make their homes here." We broke the rules. The ducks had to share their home with a cranky, tooth cutting, 9 month old! It was worth it to be rebellious. He was so happy when we left. I could live with him again!

No comments: