My Dad's horse is running at Los Alamitos (in California) tonight. It's a pretty big deal (horse racing) in our family. I have a lot of memories of watching horse races either on TV or live. There were plenty of Sundays that I went to the races. (It had a little to do with missing church once in a while-I'll admit.) Dad didn't get into his own horses and racing until I was older. Still, I love it. My Dad always says there is something in the atmosphere. I agree-although, sorry Dad, but the Disneyland atmosphere is fun too :) Dad gets really nervous before the race. I think its nerves mixed with excitement. I always feel the same way-especially if we know a horse in the race (or know the owner rather).
So GOOD LUCK tonight Dad, Grandpa, and Spark E!!!
Spark E winning a race in Jerome
I stole this picture from my Aunt Kari's blog. Good thing she had a picture or two to steal! Thanks Kari :)



2 comments:
Good Luck Spark E... Sorry you guys can't be there to watch with the family. I hope everything goes well for you dad.
I hope he ran a good race! It is always fun to win, but even when you don't as long as the horse runs a good hard race my dad is usually still pleased! I miss being able to go to the races with being so far away! My dad ran four horses this weekend in Montana & won 3 out of the 4! I love all the pictures of Jonas' cute cookie face!!
Post a Comment