Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Coast of Maine

I hate how hard I work trying to pick just the right pictures and then they load backwards. I also hate that I am lazy enough to leave them this time. But I am. For our last weekend in the Boston area, we headed to Portland, Maine. WHAT A TRIP! It was so much fun! Here are a few highlights.

Jonas eating the sand. This time he ate BIG hand-fulls. It was really funny until he tasted it and threw a MAJOR fit because...duh...it's yucky!
We found this little baby starfish on the beach at Kennebunkport. Jonas wasn't sure about holding it.
Jonas had his first taste of Cotton Candy at Old Orchard Beach. {It was a beach with Carnival rides and a long pier. It was fun, but windy, windy, windy both days we were there.} He liked the taste, but not the part that it would stick to his hands. He got really mad about that.
Eating more sand
This little boy L-O-V-E-D the beach! The sound of the waves, the sand, the water (Despite the fact that it was a bit cold). My Dad is worried he is a City Boy. Sorry Dad, I think you are right!
Feet in the sand
The water was so cold that Jonas would pull his legs up so they wouldn't get wet! Really, once your feet were numb it wasn't so bad :)
Me and Wrinkle-Nose Jonas. (his latest trick)
Pemaquid Point- Probably the coolest thing we saw on the trip. There is a lighthouse here, so we went to see it, but the beach was really neat. It was rocky, rocky, rocky. Smooth rocks, almost cliff-like, but low enough that you could hike them. We hiked for hours along the beach watching the waves crash into the rocks. It was a beautiful sight. My friend Diana said she thought Maine was romantic. I totally agree. I felt like it was a scene from a romantic movie where the couple was walking along the beach (or hiking in this case).
Jonas and his BEST friend.
Jonas and his Mom-who mostly just provides food for him when he's hungry :)
Portland Head Lighthouse
Devin and Jonas in front of the giant boot at L.L. Bean in Freeport.
The best friends at Pemaquid Point.
The whole family

In only 3 days we are headed HOME! (as in Maryland). Remember when I first moved to the East Coast and I hated it? That has changed. I really like living here (I use the term HERE loosely). I have enjoyed Boston too. It's been a fun adventure. We have seen so many fun things, been to a lot of cool places, and spent a lot of time together-which ultimately matters the most. I am glad that we were able to come with Devin. Three months with out him would have been impossible for all of us. We feel blessed to have been able to be here. BUT we are ready to get back to a schedule, a new home, our friends (oh how I have missed my friends), and our everyday life. I will miss having Devin home until 8 in the mornings, home for lunch and then home by 5. That has been the best part about being here. So long Boston.....Maryland.....here we come!

12 comments:

Aleese and Scott said...

I would say it looks romantic! It is beautiful! We are so EXCITED for you guys to come home!

Kari Pierson said...

I love the picture of Jonas in the header! Too cute! We miss you!

Cara said...

Love the picture of your feet and you and Jonas! You look so great, Nic, but seeing your face makes my heart hurt because I miss you so much! Love that lil' punkin and his wrinkle nose!

Jamie said...

Your little guy is so dang cute!

Moosman Fam said...

Looks like you've been having fun! Jonas is adorable.... I just want to kiss those sweet cheeks, and you gotta love the baby blue's! Glad your all having fun!

Lindsay said...

I'm glad you guys are having fun and enjoying life. And a bonus to spend so much time together. It looks like the "best friends" really like each other. Daddy is always the knight in shining armour and mom sometimes gets the shaft:) It's a little unfair.

p.s. Jonas is soooooooo cute!

Kari Pierson said...

Ryan says to tell Jonas he's lucky to get to hold a starfish. Kate can't figure out why he likes to eat sand! Yuck!

The Burrough 7 said...

another fun trip for the Ure Family. I love the pictures. And I love Jonas wrinkly nose..Kyla does that when she gets mad. It's pretty funny..

Ashley said...

Jonas is so cute I could die. I love his fohawk. Maine looks gorgeous! I'm glad you guys are having fun

The Holmgrens said...

Do you know you have the cutest little boy on the planet!!!! I love to look at your blog because you always have the cutest pictures!

Lifes Great Adventures said...

I love the pictures of your little one he is such a cutie! It really looks like you guys are having fun!
We are making our blog private & I would love to invite you, if you want an invite send me your email at spackmansrock@msn.com

I agree with a comment above about moms getting the shaft, what is up with that. Our little one will be fussy all day but as soon as daddy walks in she is all smiles:( I feel like the work horse:(
Destiny

Ashlee said...

Seriously would you stop having so much fun!!! Don't worry about the sand Karra used to eat it all the time. There were times at the park that she would dip her apple in it.